If God Is Real, Why Do Bad Things Happen?

As a christian I have heard this weak argument countless times. I want to address this question once and for all. If God is real then why do bad things happen? First off, the bible says all humans have free will. We have the choice to do good or to do evil. Revelation 3:20 "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me." Take note of this part: "Whoever opens the door..." We as humans have the choice to submit to the flesh or to submit to God's word. There is bad in the world because there are people who choose to submit to the flesh and do evil things. God never told Hitler to kill jews, Hitler chose to kill jews because he did what he thought was right. God gave us free will, we are not puppets. It is not God's fault that people don't want to obey him. Jesus clearly says that we should not murder, yet people murder. Jesus clearly says that we should not lie, yet people lie. People make their choices and unfortunately there are people who choose to do evil things. God wants us to do good. Psalm 106:3 "Blessed are those who act justly, who always do what is right." If you want to see more good in the world then you must bring that good into the world. Fight for what is true and just and stand against what is wrong.

Comments

  1. So true!! we were given a choice and its up to us to choose which path we take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Muslim and I agree with every single word you've written. BTW I looove your videos ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Muslim and I agree with every single word you've written. BTW I looove your videos ^^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Wear Makeup

Am I A Feminist? Yes And No.

The Stigma Against Black Hair